"Our Father in Heaven has given us, His children, much more than any mortal mind can comprehend. Under His direction the Great Jehovah created this wonderous world we live in . God the Father watches over us, fills our hearts with breathtaking joy, brightens our darkest hours with blessed peace, distills upon our minds precious truths, shepherds us through times of distress, rejoices when we rejoice, and answers our righteous petitions." Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God," Ensign, Nov. 2009



Thursday, October 16, 2008

Boats

My kids love to play pretend. They are always dressing up in what every they can find to put on. A few weeks ago I brought down 2 king size pillows I was going to get rid of. Julia and Bryant decided they could make toys out of them. One day they were bridges they could walk over. The next day they were boats. They would stand on them and the other would pull it. Well Bryant pulled it right out from under Julia and she fell and busted her chin on the tile floor. When she first come to me crying I seen this thin red line under her chin where it was starting to bleed and I just thought it was a scrape. But as she stood there sobbing the thin line opened up into a gash about the size of my thumb. She probably needed to have a few stitches, but since I stay at home now our insurance has ended and Paul’s doesn’t take effect until the end of the month so I put some butterfly band-aids and Neosporin on it. She’s a tough little girl! She only cried for a few min. until I got the band-aid on it, and that was it. The is under her chin so it’s not that noticeable. They play way too rough with each other. But I can’t seem to stop them.
It's healing up good!
Day after it happened! This morning!

4 comments:

Katheryn said...

Poor Julia :( But it does look like it is healing really fast! We missed you all at play date this morning!

The Babkm5 said...

Well that sounds like someone that I know that was playing in the shower when he fell and cut his chin. I did the same thing, put a butterfly on it and it healed fine. Julia's looks like it has healed up good.

Melinda said...

Now she and I have matching scars! You know...I have learned that even if you can go to the doctor to have it looked at, it's not always the best choice! They would have done exactly what you did, and charged you $500. You get to save your money and the stress on your child by fixing it yourself.

Besides, Paul has finshing wire and super glue, right?

McKinnley said...

OUCH! I hate it when my kids get hurt and bleed. I hope you get better! You will have to show me your boo boo at church Julia. Love the New look of your blog and so fun to read all about you from the tags! I love Cheese cake too!
Opps... it Kelly Thompson I guess Mckinnley was on last!